Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

5.08.2011

Spring Vase and Photo Editing

I've been wanting to show you my spring vase and also to try some of the editing features in Photobucket so I combined the two and this is what I came up with. 


I plan to hang a grouping of black and white family photos in black frames with white mats in my hall.  I'm thinking about adding splashes of color to the photos as well as inspiring or meaningful family words, so this was good practice.

I used color splash in Photobucket's effects section to color the flowers and the egg, added text and a border, and attempted to fix the line between the beadboard and the poster board.  (I photograph in front of a white background because it seems to help with the lighting issues some.)

This is what the photo looked like originally.  In person this spring vase is bright and cheerful, but you'd never guess it by looking at this picture.  It was taken when it was dark and stormy so the lighting was terrible. 


Here it is again after just a few quick edits in Windows.  I cropped it, brightened it, added some contrast, and increased the color saturation.   I use auto adjust quite a bit too.



 
I spent .79 on this spring vase, you could put one together for probably around $3-4, even if you have to buy most of the items.
  • You can buy vases, Spanish moss, and flowers at most dollar stores.
  • I bought the eggs at a craft store, 6 for .79.
  • The sticks and dried flowers came from my yard.

I put this little nest together last spring and haven't gotten tired of it yet.  There's just something about little blue eggs in a nest that I really love!
 
 
Today's Fabulous Find...Spring Vase and Photo Editing
 
 
*I want to take this chance to say Happy Mother's Day to my mom! 
She is a very talented lady and has taught me so much about running a home and raising a family.  
My Mom is such a great example to me.
  Thanks Mom! 

 
Pin It!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Love the vase. I have a similar one, but I realize now it could use a little update. Very nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails