Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

10.09.2012

Fall Grapevine Wreath with Pine Cone Flowers {Take Two}

When I finished making my first pine cone flower wreath I just couldn't chance hanging it outside on my front door so it was back to the drawing board.  This new version is very similar to the first (still loving the pine cone flowers) but it should withstand the wind and the rain a little better! :)


(The first version is still my favorite.)


Click here for the post on the wreath pictured above, which includes a tutorial on how to make and paint pine cone flowers.


Fall Grapevine Wreath Supplies

Grapevine Wreath
Wood Letter
Ribbon
Pine cones
Three Berry Sprigs
Craft Wire
Hot Glue Gun and Glue
Craft Paint and Brush
Twigs
 Two Large Wreath Magnets (optional)
Clear Matte Acrylic Sealer (optional)


A few things about this wreath...
  • The grapevine wreath and berry sprigs are from JoAnn Fabrics.  I paid $2.50 for the grapevine wreath with a 50% off coupon and the berry sprigs were on clearance for $1 each.

  • The flowers and berries are glued to the sticks, but not to the grapevine.  I used wire to attach them so that I can use the wreath again for another holiday if I want.  (I don't have a lot of extra space to store large holiday items like this.)
  • I couldn't find twigs that were exactly the right shape that I needed so I broke some twigs apart and then hot glued them back together in the shapes that I needed. 

  • The wood letter was on clearance for $3.  It was white and I spray painted it black (to match the shutters on the house) and then distressed the edges with sandpaper.

  • The wreath is currently hanging on my front door with heavy duty wreath magnets (also found at JoAnn's) but I'm not sure if this is the best way because eventually the grapevine may just pull out or stretch.  I may change and use a wreath hanger at the top of the wreath instead.
  • To protect the paint on the flowers you can spray them with a clear matte acrylic spray.  (I forgot to and still need to spray mine.)



A few of you told me you were gathering pine cones to make pine cone flowers.  If you've finished your project and posted about it, leave a link to your post in a comment (if you'd like).  I'd love to see it!

Have a great day!




I'm sharing my wreath at these fabulous parties!
Pin It!

9 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

oh my gosh, I LOVE it...those pine cones just get me every time! :)
I wish I could make some for my show next week, but it seems like it's time consuming to do the cute flowers...and can't decorate worth a hoot! hahaha
so, I'll just admire yours Janet!
gail
ps pinning it!

ibshell said...

They are both beautiful! Love them!!

Janet said...

Thank you Michele!

Jodi said...

Ok so I love BOTH versions. I have collected lots of pinecones and maybe one of these days will get to try this out :)

Unknown said...

I just love the monogram wreath...I just had to "pin-it"..

http://www.mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com

A Little Creation said...

Ooooo... I know what I'm going to do when my cinnamon scented pinecones stop smelling. hehe
Chris =]

Katherine said...

This is so pretty! I have been thinking of making some pinecone flowers. Yours are perfect on this wreath.

Anonymous said...

I had to pin both wreaths! I hope you don't mind. I love LOVE them! I'd love for you to share your wreaths and any other crafts at my new linky party, Submarine Sunday. I hope you'll stop by!

T'onna
http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/10/submarine-sunday-1-linky-party_7.html

Danice G said...

What an awesome wreath, I love it! I am now following your blog. I found you on Funky Junks' SNS 156 Link Party :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails