Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

2.22.2011

Spring Plate

This may be a bit early to be posting spring decor, but I decided that just because it still looks like winter outside, doesn't mean that I can't make it look like spring inside. :)

I was trying to decide what phrase I wanted to put on a spring plate, when I remembered that last spring Melissa at 320 Sycamore printed and framed a line from a poem by Emily Dickinson that I really loved.  I knew it was exactly what I wanted to display in my home as well.  I used vinyl to put the line from the poem on a white plate, added an image, and chose green as an accent color.


 
Melissa was kind enough to share the fonts that she used.  I pretty much followed how she printed hers, except that I had to change the smaller words to a different font (Gisha) so they would work better with vinyl.  
 
The image of the birds can be found at Silhouette's online store.  The plate and the stand both came from the dollar store.  When I see metal stands for only a dollar, I stock up.  There are so many things you can display with them for simple inexpensive gifts.   
 


I also went back and bought more of the white plates (while they were still at Dollar Tree) so that I can display other seasonal quotes on them in vinyl, or to use them as gifts.





I ended up only spending four dollars each for the spring plate and for the thrifty bird's nest.

Click here to see Melissa's Dollar Store Spring Vignette, which includes her Emily Dickinson framed print and the full poem.

I love the look of this spring plate and am so grateful for those who share their talents and inspire creativity.  Thanks Melissa!



Today's Fabulous Find...Emily Dickinson Print at 320 Sycamore

 
Linking up here:
 
Tip Junkie's Silhouette Party
Tator Tots and Jello
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special  PhotobucketSerenity Now Crafty Cutter Party
UndertheTableandDreamingThe Girl Creative
 
Pin It!

18 comments:

Sherry@The BarnQuiltStore Blog said...

This is so cute...and clever!
♥'s
Sherry

One Cheap B*tch said...

Lovely! I have a dollar store plate and some mugs that I've been dying to do something with. I think I might have to try this!

Jeanine

Dar @ live by the sun luv by the moon said...

With this crazy weather, it's never too early to think of Spring!

The plate is adorable : )

Jennifer said...

I love this! I am going to have to do soemthing like this also :) Thanks for sharing...

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Janet, I really like this project. I don't blame you one bit for thinking about Spring. We've had some warm(er) weather that goes back and forth with ice/snow...so I don't know how to feel. :s I love the mix of color you used for the plate. A great display piece. :)

Thank you so much for joining my "I {Heart} My Crafty Cutter" party! Have fun finding some neat inspiration, and I hope you'll visit Serenity Now again soon. :)

Karen said...

Oh, wow Dollar Tree, huh? I am so excited to try this!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with all of us:)

farmhouse-story said...

your plate is lovely and goes perfectly with your cute bird, janet--tfs!

Melissa said...

Janet~it looks great! I need to break mine out..maybe it will make spring come faster :)

Unknown said...

Janet,
I love this idea and would love to give it a try. That is one of my favorite quotes...thanks for sharing!
Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

Karen said...

That is so pretty. I love it when you can make beautiful things with elements from the dollar tree. I'm your neighbor at Donna's SNS and a new follower.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

So pretty! Talk about an instant work of art!

Donna

Jeanene @ The Queen Bees Hive said...

Love that! And the quote, even the twigs in the background.
Thanks for the inspiration!

Jeanene
The Queen Bees Hive

Cindy said...

That looks just fabulous!!! I love it. I have a picture drawn by a friend's child that I would love to frame along side that saying, it is so perfect for this time of year!
Hugs, Cindy

Megan said...

I love Emily Dickenson. This is such a great idea!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

Love love this! You have some neat ideas here. I'm your newest follower!

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

This is fabulous! I just won a Silhouette, so I may have to copy!

Anonymous said...

I love the display Spring Plate.
I just would like to know where you get the vynl and how do you print the words on it?

Janet said...

To Anonymous: Thank you! I like to get my vinyl from Vinyl Expressions and I use a Silhouette Craft Cutter to cut it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails