Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

8.25.2011

Cookie Kit in a Bucket {Gift Idea}

Recently I was invited to a bridal shower with a grocery theme.  Guests were encouraged to bring items to help stock the new couples pantry.  I thought a cookie kit might be fun, so I bought a 5 gallon bucket w/lid for $3 and added a vinyl label with their last name to it just to add a little something special.   Then I filled the bucket with the ingredients needed to make chocolate chip cookies.


Two 5 pound bags of flour and one 5 pound bag of sugar will fit at the bottom, then fill in with all of the other ingredients.  If I'd had time before the shower, I would have taped a recipe to the inside of the lid too, but since I thought of the idea last minute while at the grocery store, there just wasn't time.  I only had 20 minutes when I got home from shopping to put it all together before I needed to leave for the shower, good thing it came together so fast!


About the vinyl lettering:

The font I used for 'COOKIES' (2" tall) is Oh {Photo}! Shoot (one of my favorites) from Kevin and Amanda
The words in black (1 1/2" tall) are in a font called Impact.

* Tip:  A twist on lid would be much easier to use than the lids that come with the buckets.  A friend was telling me that she keeps her flour and sugar in five gallon buckets with twist on lids in her pantry.  She's planning to label them 'flour' and 'sugar' with vinyl.  Love that idea! 

The cost of the kit was very close to $20.  It was quick and easy to put together and I even found out at the shower that cookies are the grooms favorite dessert--lucky pick. :)

There's no reason to stop at a cookie kit, just think of all of the pantry/food storage items you could fit into a 5 gallon bucket!  Add a cute label, and you've got yourself a fun and practical gift idea!  (Think Christmas.)

Today's Fabulous Find...Cookie Kit in a Bucket {Gift Idea}

Linking up to some of these fun parties...

All Thingz Related   Be Different Act Normal    Beyond The Picket Fence   Blue Cricket Design   Chic on a Shoestring Creation Corner   Creations By Kara
Designer Gardens   Dittle Dattle   Domestically Speaking   Embellishing Life Everyday   Finding Fabulous   Fingerprints On The Fridge
Funky Junk Interiors   House of Hepworths   I Heart Naptime   Just A Girl    Keeping It Simple
Serenity Now   Seven Thirty-Three   Sew Can Do    Sew Much Ado    Shanty 2 Chic    Sister's Stuff    Skip To My Lou
Someday Crafts   Somewhat Simple    Sugar Bee Crafts    Tator Tots and Jello   The Creative Crate    The DIY Showoff
The Girl Creative    The Shabby Creek Cottage    The Shabby Nest    Tip Junkie    Today's Creative Blog
Under The Table and Dreaming    Home is Where My Story Begins    The 36th Avenue
 
Tip Junkie handmade projects



Pin It!

13 comments:

laxsupermom said...

Love this idea! Thanks for sharing.

RKO Ideas Galore (by Karen) said...

Very cute! Is the label vinyl? Could you post a how-to?

Karen said...

That's a great idea Janet! Missed ya for a few days. Summer is so crazy, huh? I am not posting as much either. Take care!

Janet said...

To Karen's Ideas Galore: You're right, the label is cut from vinyl with a Silhouette.

btanders said...

What a clever idea. I might have to give this a try for the next shower I am invited too!

farmhouse-story said...

this is my kind of gift--love this, janet:)

juliemadtx said...

Came over from TT&J. What a great gift idea - lots of basic pantry items for a new couple! It can get expensive to stock a pantry from scratch. You gave them a great head start!

Christa @ BrownSugarToast said...

so cute!!! we LOVE choc chip cookies at our house, so this sounds like such a fun idea!!! thanks! :)

Katy said...

This is one of my favorite gifts for a bride. All of the ingredients for cookies adds up really fast when you have to buy everything. Your presentation is too cute!

katy @ redBuddy notes

Big D and Me said...

I think it's a wonderful gift for a couple just starting out - in fact, I think it would be perfect for me and I've been married 14 years - so fun and can personalize it depending on the couples likes and dislikes

Emily Thompson said...

love the idea! That will make a lot of cookies!

Athena said...

Good afternoon - just found your post at Sewmuchado and I think it is a great idea. I am now a follower. Please consider adding your items to my new link party at www.thestuffofsuccess.com . Have a great day.

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

Such a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails