Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

6.21.2011

Americana Quick Change Frame

I apologize if you have seen this post multiple times in your reader or e-mail.  I was having some trouble with blogger.

My  quick change holiday frame is all updated and ready for July.  I skipped a couple of holidays, but now I'm back on track!


The stars are from a dollar store.  I'm not totally loving the bells, but I left them for now.  Don't be surprised if you see them again in December on another craft.


For the backing I used 3 small sheets of galvanized metal that I bought at Lowes for .58 each.  (They're used for roofing so look for them in that area.)  They just slid right in the frame in front of the burlap.  The stars hold them in place and hide the seems a bit.  This isn't what I bought them for, but when they fit I thought "hey, why not?" 
(They are also a nice size to frame for a magnetic photo frame.)



So now I have two options,  metal...
 



 or the original burlap.
 


I also bought this small decorative suitcase to keep all of the ornaments from past holidays in.  This way I can keep them in a handy place by my frame so it's even more convenient to change them and I might actually remember where I put them.  ;) 



Today's Fabulous Find...Galvanized Metal Flashing Shingles
(They're a nice size for crafting and a really great price too.)
 
Links to previous Quick Change Frame posts
Tutorial for the Frame/Winter
Valentine's Day


Linking to these fabulous parties!
Click here to browse through the party buttons.

All Thingz Related   Be Different Act Normal   Beyond The Picket Fence   Blue Cricket Design   Chic on a Shoestring   Creation Corner
Designer Gardens   Dittle Dattle   Domestically Speaking    Embellishing Life Everyday   Finding Fabulous    Fingerprints On The Fridge
Fireflies and Jellybeans    Funky Junk Interiors    House of Hepworths   I Heart Naptime    Just A Girl    Keeping It Simple
My Backyard Eden   Serenity Now   Seven Thirty-Three   Sew Can Do   Sew Much Ado   Shanty 2 Chic   Skip To My Lou
Someday Crafts    Somewhat Simple   Sugar Bee Crafts   Tator Tots and Jello   The Creative Crate   The DIY Showoff
The Girl Creative   The Shabby Chic Cottage    The Shabby Nest   The Thrifty Home   Tip Junkie   Today's Creative Blog
Under The Table and Dreaming    Home is Where My Story Begins
 

Visit thecsiproject.com
Pin It!

13 comments:

Barbara said...

I love this frame. I hope I can make one. also, love the bells on the stars. I have not seen anything like them, but it adds texture of sorts. thanks for sharing.

farmhouse-story said...

great suitcase storage idea! and i love the burlap with the stars esp.:) i even love the bells!

Janet said...

To Barbara and Lynn: Thanks for your input on the bells. I don't think I've ever seen bells on 4th of July decor before, so I wasn't sure about them at first. :) I think you're right Barbara, they do add some interest to the frame. After posting and looking at the photos, I think I might try tying some ripped fabric strips onto the nails as well, just to see how it looks. Thanks for your comments!

Sweet Peas and Bumblebees said...

Love the new star art...turned out super cute! I would also LOVE if you would link up your project to our {{What I Made Wednesday}} linky party...it's going on now! And, I'm your newest follower! =)

~Briana
sweetpeasandbb.blogspot.com

Christine said...

very cute. I am your newest follower...would love a follow back ;)

Christine @ krazycraftylady.com

Jenn said...

I LOVE this - it is sooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Love it! You have great ideas!

AsylumTanya said...

That is clever! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Cute idea! I love the burlap! :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I didn't even notice the seams until you mentioned it, then went back to the photo to look again.

I'm also with you on the bells. Maybe because they're all in the same placement on each star. If they were grouped together on one star or on the hanger, then I think I'd like it better.

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy said...

So versatile! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/06/tuesday-confessional-link-party.html. I hope to see you soon!
~Macy

Unknown said...

Where did you get the ornaments.

Janet said...

To Janet: The ornaments mostly came from dollar stores.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails