Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

6.15.2011

Independence Day Subway Art


How do you put into words the feelings that you have for your country?  One of the first times I remember feeling a love for my country is when I was in the 4th grade and we were taught God Bless The U.S.A. in choir.  Love this song!  Feel free to click on the play button and listen to it while you choose your print. :)




Find more songs like God Bless The U.S.A. at Myspace Music


There are four designs.  I included several prints without the 4 in the center that can be used for Memorial Day, Veterans Day, Flag Day, or for other occasions other than Independence Day.


Eleven Choices


For Personal Use Only
If you would like to share this subway art with your readers, I ask that you use one of the photos or the color choice image above.  Please don't post these images on your blog.  Thank you!

All clip-art is from Microsoft.









Use the black and white prints to print/copy onto scrapbook paper, or colored paper.  They are also the best prints to start with if you want to recolor the subway art.

*For even more color choices, read through my tutorial on



 *A big thank you to my sisters and my mom who helped me choose the words for this subway art.
To download: You must first click on the image to open it in a new window in it's highest resolution. Right click on the image and either copy and paste it into a document (to size and then print), or click on save image as to save it to your computer. You will need to size it before you print.
To size the prints: The prints look will look the best printed as an 8x10 or 4"x5" (for a card), but can be stretched to other sizes if you insert them into a document using a program like Microsoft Word/Publisher or Photo shop. Insert the image, click on it, then drag the sides of the image to the size that you want. (A 5x7 will look a bit stretched with this design.)
*You can also save the image to your computer and then use your computer's picture manager program to print it as an 8x10.
Print them on white or colored card stock, scrapbook paper, or (for the best quality) on photo paper. (Check your dollar store for photo paper, I buy packages of 8- 8x10 sheets for only $1.)


To the brave men and women who defend freedom everywhere
and to their families who have given so much--
Thank you.


Linking to these fabulous parties! 
Click on Parties I link to in my menu to browse by the party buttons.



All Thingz Related Be Different Act Normal Beyond The Picket Fence Blue Cricket Design Chic on a Shoestring Creation Corner  
Designer Gardens Dittle Dattle Domestically Speaking Embellishing Life Everyday Finding Fabulous Fingerprints On The Fridge   
Fireflies and Jellybeans Funky Junk Interiors House of Hepworths I Heart Naptime Just A Girl Keeping It Simple
My Backyard Eden Serenity Now Seven Thirty-Three Sew Can Do Sew Much Ado Shanty 2 Chic Skip To My Lou   
Someday Crafts Somewhat Simple Sugar Bee Crafts Tator Tots and Jello The Creative Crate The DIY Showoff
The Girl Creative The Shabby Chic Cottage The Shabby Nest The Thrifty Home Tip Junkie Today's Creative Blog   
Under The Table and Dreaming Home is Where My Story Begins


Visit thecsiproject.com
Pin It!

29 comments:

Kathleen said...

Janet,
Thanks so much for this subway art. I love it! I can't wait to make one for my house!!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Janet! You are the best! I have a question for you. Could you per chance do a Dad subway art and input Grandpa for me? My husband passed away 6 years ago and while the kids don't have a Daddy they do have Grandpa's we would like to give one to. :)

Rebecca said...

I think this is my absolute favorite subway art! My husband spent a year in Iraq and ever since then, the 4th of July has held a very special place in my heart. I love all the words and the prints are so beautiful. Thank you so much!

wilonestar said...

These are so awesome. They moved me to tears and the colors are just perfect. I love having your art to express what I am feeling and hope that others see when they enter my home.

farmhouse-story said...

thanks so much, janet!

kae said...

I love your subway art! I get a ton of compliments when people see it. My favorite way to print them is to send it in to Walgreens when they are having their free collage promos, 1 picture in a 8x10 collage with border, they look great and it didn't cost me anything! Thank you!

Sallie said...

I'm visiting from the Somewhat Simple link party. These are super. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to pin this so I can print them up later!

Janet said...

In reply to Wilonestar: Thanks so much, I'm glad you like them. Choosing the colors is my favorite part. But I'm sure you already guessed that by how many I post each time. :)

In reply to Kae: I wasn't aware of Walgreens free collage promo. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for your comment and for passing on this great tip!

Unknown said...

Janet,
Thanks for sharing all your subway art with others. I printed out one of the patriotic ones and blogged about it. Wanted to let you know I gave you a shout out!

Nancy
http://nancywiebel.blogspot.com/2011/06/thank-you-to-janet-at-todays-fabulous.html

Elizabeth said...

I love this so much. Thank YOU!!!

Extra! Extra! Blog All About It said...

LOVE them all! Thank you so much!

I am now a follower of your blog and I found you via your post about this @ The Shabby Chic Cottage.

XO,
Kimberly

Inspired By June said...

Another great job, Janet! I love them all! And this was something I didn't expect to find in my inbox today :) I'm going to include you in my Seredipity Sunday on the 26th. I'll send you an email then so you can view the post. Thanks for continuing these great subway arts!

http://www.junescottinspiredby.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Love this!! What a wonderful project! The hardest part I think would be choosing which design. I found you over at Serenity Now. Have a great weekend!!

Carrie said...

Thanks so much. I made both of the Father ones today. One for my dad and one for my husband and father of our 4 children. Can't wait to give them to them.

www.saving4six.blogspot.com

Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

I'd love for you to share this at my link party. I am doing a post about the 4th of July sometime next week and this will look great there. Love it!

Michele said...

Wow, i love these! Definitely some of the best subway art i've seen. Thank you for sharing. Just found you on the Creative Crate Link Party this week. Will definitely be following you now too!
Made By Meech

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Janet, those are amazing!! So many different options to choose from. You are one talented lady!

Thank you so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party (and for linking back-I appreciate that!). Hope you'll stop by Serenity Now again soon. :)

Janet said...

This is SO COOL!!!

www.iheartmygluegun.com

Natalie said...

Thank you so much! This is awesome! I'm having a baby any day- this is a great way to throw something up to celebrate without having to kill myself. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank You VERY much for the wonderful 4th subway art. Love it!!!!

Whit said...

Adorable! I always love and use your printables so thank you so much for sharing them. Come and say hi I love visitors :) Let me know if you are ever interested in doing a guest post for me :)

A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

This is super cute (as always), Janet!! Your printables are always darling!

Sallie said...

Janet, thanks for sharing your design. I printed one up on photo paper, dug out an old black frame, bought a white mat, and I now have it hanging in my den. Easy peasy. Thanks!

Createliveblog said...

Wow! Thank you so much - these are so cute!

-Carly
www.createliveblog.com

Unknown said...

Very nice subway art. I saw this on pinterest and pinned it! Then I saw you posted it on The Girl Creative and had to see who designed it. Great job using WORD! Wow... LOL! I hope you stop by and check out my subway art (patriotic printable) on my blog or #296 on TCG. Hope to see you soon. I am a new follower.

Aimee @ SmallAnchors.com said...

one of our blog's authors sent me your link {my husband is a Marine and she thought we should post this year-round; i couldn't agree more} - well, i loved it so much that we featured you --- thank you for posting such a lovely printable; i think our readers are going to LOVE it!!!

post is here: http://www.fancylittlethings.com/2011/07/a-few-fancy-little-things-1/

nanasewn said...

I see this is a .PNG file and not a JPG. NOt sure how to convert it, any ideas?

Janet said...

To Nanasewn: If you have Microsoft Publisher, you can right click on the image you want in the post and choose to open the image in a new window, copy it, and then paste it into a document. Right click on the image and resave it as a jpeg image.

If this won't work for you let me know and I can e-mail it to you as a jpeg.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Your post was featured on my blog. Please stop by to check it out and grab your "I've Been Featured" button at http://bestlifemistake.blogspot.com/2013/06/free-patriotic-printables.html

Thanks,
Amy from Some of the Best Things in Life Are Mistakes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails