Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

6.03.2011

Paper Shoe Favor and Template

I was searching around for a fun and in-expensive favor idea when I found the template for this cute little paper shoe. Isn't it just so adorable!?!  I made one right away to see how it looked and then loved it so much I made sixty-four more to give as favors for a women's church activity.  I know...crazy right?  It was so worth it though!


To make the shoe, copy the template onto heavy white card stock, staple the scrapbook paper to it with the scrapbook paper on the bottom (in a few places on the outside of the template to hold them together) and then cut them out together. 


Fold only the card stock shoe on the fold lines then put the scrapbook paper shoe in front of it and fold them again together.  I used staples to hold the shoe together because it was faster than using glue.  There is a staple hidden under the jewel in the center of the flower, a staple on the very bottom of the heel, and a couple on the sides.  You might want to use glue in a couple of places on the sides as well.

For the flower and the heel, I just switched the scrapbook paper around and matched them up with coordinating colors.


The 'net stocking' is netting sewn into a bag and is filled with a few snack size candy bars and a rolled up message with some quotes on it.  The price tag says The worth of 'SOULS' is great, which was the theme for the night.



It takes about 15 minutes to make one shoe, so if you start a project like this be prepared with some good movies to watch while you cut them out and plan on having sore fingers for a few days. : )

No two shoes were exactly alike, they were all different...just like us!

Don't you think this shoe would make a fun invitation (girls night out, princess party, etc.) or as a thank you to a female teacher?

You can find the fashion shoe template at Split Coast Stamper.  You'll  need to scroll down and look for the pdf file called 'new shoe'.

Today's Fabulous Find...Printable Shoe Template

Have a wonderful weekend!


Linking up here:


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

UndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucket


Tip Junkie handmade projectsAnything Related
Pin It!

12 comments:

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

These are fabulous!! Love them! I am your newest follower! I am visiting from Tatertots and Jello and I would LOVE if you would link this up to my Delicately Constructed Fridays Linky Party!!
Thanks so much!
Have a great weekend!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Jules said...

When I read how many you made my first thought was, "Her poor fingers!!!" I can't even imagine how happy everyone will be with these gorgeous things! And that fishnet bag? The icing on the cake! Or shoe! Whatever, it is fabulous!!! jules

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

These are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!

Ashleigh@Sincerely said...

What a cute idea! These would be so cute at a little girls tea party. Thanks for sharing :)

Jami said...

How adorable! Must have taken forever! Would love for you to share them at the Pretty Packages Party!
http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/06/pretty-packages-party-10.html
Smiles!
Jami

Inspired By June said...

These are adorable, Janet! I'm thinkin' they'll be perfect for next years 'Princess Day Tea' at our church! Thanks so much for sharing - hope your event was "inspirational!"

http://www.junescottinspiredby.blogspot.com

Miya said...

These are wonderful - worth the effort you put in I think! Thanks for the link.

the cape on the corner said...

whoa, super cute!

aStarToSteerHerBy said...

wow, that is so nifty! this would be great for a bridal shower/bachelorette too!!!

annies home said...

what a very cute idea perfect for summer parties

Beth said...

This is too cute! I want to throw a party just so I can make these ;).

Jami said...

Cute shoe favors!! They would be a perfect link-up at the Pretty Packages Party starting today!
http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/07/pretty-packages-party-11.html
Hope to see you there!
Smiles!
Jami

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails