Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

9.23.2011

Interchangeable Fall Frame

Happy Fall!

It's hard to imagine that today is the first day of Fall.  This summer seemed to whiz right by, am I right?  I have mixed feelings about Fall.  On one hand it means beautiful Fall foliage and cooler temps, but on the other hand, it brings with it shorter days, allergies, and is a sign that Winter is right around the corner.  I'm so not looking forward to Winter again, didn't we just have one?   At any rate, I'm going to enjoy this season and try not to think about what's coming up next...brrr.

The first day of Fall seems like the perfect time to show you how simple it was to update my Interchangeable Holiday Frame.  


Do you remember this cluster of wood leaves that I bought at JoAnn's on sale for just under $5?  I used the smallest leaves for the Square Block Pumpkin


I cut the wire in half (the leaves are connected in pairs), curled it around a pencil, and then hooked it over the nail.  Pretty simple.  I did need to use a small piece of masking tape on the back side of the sign to keep it in place. 


If you're interested in how to make your own Interchangeable Holiday Frame, you can read all about it here.   The frame came from the dollar store, so if you have any troubles finding one the right size, you could also make a simple frame with some trim from Lowe's or Home Depot and back it with heavy cardboard.

I hope you all enjoy this first day of Fall! 

Today's Fabulous Find...Decorative Wood Leaves for Fall Frame

Linking up here...

Visit thecsiproject.com



Pin It!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this! I need to go find some to make this!

farmhouse-story said...

love those cute leaves, janet! this is such a clevery idea-tfs!

ibshell said...

I love it! So great that you made those leaves look so much more darling than what you purchased them for. Look at all you're able to do with the bunch you got too. That's what I call $5 well spent!

Karen said...

So cute Janet! I love decor that you can change out for the holidays! Thanks for sharing it:)

Kim@todayismysome-day said...

This is great! I can see lots of different ideas for future holidays and seasons.

Erin said...

That is sooo cute!

Lissa said...

Very cute - love it!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

What a great idea! Love that you can change it out for the different seasons and holidays!

Melissa said...

LOVE this size of frame, but my $ store doesn't sell them anymore! I wish I had bought 20. :) These turned out so cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails