Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

4.22.2011

Never Judge a Tray by It's Color (Before and After)

I've been busy designing a couple of subway art prints for teacher appreciation week, but haven't quite finished them yet...so meanwhile...take a look at this tray that I picked up at a thrift store for $1.50.  


A couple coats of black spray paint later (and a bit of distressing), here it is again.
 
 
It never ceases to amaze me what just a little bit of black spray paint can do!
 
It's pretty much being used as a catch-all tray until I decide what I want to put in it.  For now it has a few random items--an .88 clearance candle, a dollar store tin bucket, and some small shells we picked up while on a family trip last summer.  Total cost:  Under $5.
 
Today's Fabulous Find...The Magic of Black Spray Paint
 
  Enjoy your Friday!


Pin It!

5 comments:

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

LOVE this! I'm looking for a tray like this for a coffee table/foot rest I'm working on. That before WAS awful -- nice call on the color! Love black too!

Amanda said...

I always forget to look past the current state of things. This idea makes that tray more usable for many different decor choices. How many times have I passed things up simply because I did not like the looks of them or the design was not my style. Thanks for the reminder. I need to do a better job at seeing things for what they could be instead of how they are.

cucumbers and vinegar said...

Looks amazing! I love it! =)

Jill said...

Black spray paint is my favorite thing ever! My husband thinks I just go to the thrift store to find something to paint black. I wish I'd taken before/after pictures of what I've painted. Love your tray --- makes me think I need to go to the thrift store again. :)

Heather said...

LOVE it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails