Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

4.25.2011

Teacher Appreciation Subway Art Prints

Teacher Appreciation week is May 2nd-6th.  My kids have some really wonderful teachers so I wanted to do a little something to show how much I appreciate them.  I designed some subway art prints for my kids teachers and for any of you who would like to use them as well.

This framed print is for a teacher who happens to love Dr. Seuss.  The students in the class can sign their names on the white border and their pictures can be added to the frame around the subway art print.


I bought the frame at Wal-mart on clearance for $4.50 (reg. $8) and then spray painted it Krylon's Bahama Sea (not the exact Dr. Seuss color, but pretty close).  The easel is from JoAnn's.  I used a $5 off coupon so I ended up buying it for only $1.  The print is an 8x8.  Total cost for the gift: $5.50.

 
*For another fun idea, you could make your child's teacher a keepsake book.  Each student in the class could draw a picture or write a letter to their teacher.  Use the subway art print for the front cover and then add a spiral binding or rings to make it into a book.

**You could also use the subway art as the front of a card.

I left white boxes in the subway art prints so that you can personalize them by adding the name of your child's teacher and an image that best fits them.  Add text and images to the prints by using Microsoft Word/Publisher or Photoshop.  The font that I used for the teacher's name is called 'Tuesday'.  It can be downloaded here at dafont.com.  I googled 'Cat in the Hat images' to find the center image.

You could also use a permanent marker and have your child write their teacher's name in the box and then have them draw or paste a picture of their teacher in the center box. 

 I'm sure you'll think of something that will be just perfect for their teacher. :)


For Personal Use Only
If you'd like to feature these subway art prints (thanks a bunch if you do!) you are welcome to use either of the images, but please don't post the prints on your blog.  I takes a lot of time to design them and I like to keep them here. Thanks. :)

The black and white prints can be printed onto colored paper or scrapbook paper.







For more color options, Click here for a tutorial on how to recolor the subway art prints.

To download: You must first click on the image to open it in a new window in it's highest resolution. Right click on the image and either copy and paste it into a document (to size and then print), or click on save image as to save it to your computer. You will need to size it before you print.
To size the prints: The prints look will look the best printed as an 8x8 or 8x10, or at 4"x4" or 4"x5" (for cards), but can be stretched to other sizes if you insert them into a document using a program like Microsoft Word/Publisher or Photo shop. Insert the image, click on it, then drag the sides of the image to the size that you want. 


You can print them on white or colored card stock, scrapbook paper, or (for the best quality) on photo paper. (Check your dollar store for photo paper, I found a package of 8- 8x10 sheets for $1.)

Today's Fabulous Find...Subway Art for A+ Teachers
 



I'm linking up to parties at these fantastic blogs, take a look!
Click here to see the party buttons.

Tatortots and Jello  The Creative Crate    Be Different Act Normal
Creation Corner    Serenity Now    Home Is Where My Story Begins    Funky Junk Interiors
Just A Girl    Finding Fabulous    Fingerprints On The Fridge    Chic on a Shoestring    The Shabby Nest
Creations by Kara    Beyond The Picket Fence    House of Hepworths   The Shabby Chic Cottage
Sew Much Ado   Blue Cricket Design    The Thrifty Home    Someday Crafts    Seven Thirty Three
I Love Naptime    All Thingz Related   Domestically Speaking    My Backyard Eden    Fireflies and Jellybeans
Centsational Girl    Under The Table and Dreaming    Embellishing Life    Sew Can Do   It's Fun To Craft
Ladybug Blessings    Tip Junkie    Today's Creative Blog    Skip to my Lou     Mad in Crafts
Making the World Cuter    Dittle Dattle    The Girl Creative    Sugar Bee Crafts
Pin It!

21 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these! Thank you so much! I have one of our favorite teachers coming over for dinner tomorrow night.

Unknown said...

This is so sweet! And I love your blog -t he header and labels are gorgeous and fun!

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

More Gorgeous Art Prints! Thanks for sharing! Hugs Tee

(cullenkidsmum) said...

Thank you these are beautiful!

Brimful Curiosities said...

Lovely gift for teachers!

Katania said...

I absolutely love your Subway art! I added a link from my Friday Favorites post to your blog. Feel free to check it out at http://ktdesigns-katania.blogspot.com/2011/04/friday-favorites-teacher-appreciation.html
Thank you!

Unknown said...

This is so nice of you to let us have these downloads. These are just beautiful and I know my daughter's teachers will love this. I will let you know if I do a post about these!!

Becca Ross said...

These are just fantastic! Thanks for linking up to Home and Family Friday! I know you're supposed to give these to teachers, but since I'm a teacher I might just have to print one for myself!

Becca

Just Jaime said...

Great gift idea! Thanks for sharing!

I {Heart} Recess said...

Thanks for sharing! As a teacher I would LOVE receiving this as a gift!

All Things Fee said...

I too would love receiving one of these as an Art Teacher!

Would love for you to share at Calling All Crafters!
http://allthingsfee.blogspot.com/2011/05/calling-all-crafters-5th-edition.html

CWimbish said...

I am a 5th grade teacher and I would absolutely LOVE getting a gift like this. Thank you so much for your creative idea.

Erin said...

These are fantastic! A great way to let teachers know they are appreciated. Thank you for sharing!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, Janet! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

Tiffiny Felix said...

I'm so excited to find this post! I've been looking for a non-treat idea for my daughter's teachers for the end of the year and this is perfect :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for this! I used this for my son's Kindergarten teacher and he is so excited to give it to her today:) I put it in a frame, added chipboard letters around the edge to make the alphabet and made ric rac roses for the edges. I linked back to you...come check it out:
http://chrystal-lewis.blogspot.com/2012/06/teacher-appreciation-subway-art.html

Amy said...

These are so cute! Im attempting this, but I am not computer savvy, so I need some help. Once this is saved on my computer as a PNG file, how do I add the teachers name to the box? Im using Microsoft Word 2010.

Janet said...

To Amy: You can use WordArt in Microsoft Word to add the name. WordArt allows you to 'stretch' the word to fit the space. You could also upload the image to an online photo editing site like www.ribbet.com to add the name. If you have any questions just ask. :)

My Creative Therapy said...

Thank you!!! :)

Tharingx4 said...

I was curious what program you used to make the subway art? I have used other programs myself, but I like how you could add that blank box to put a teacher's name in it. I'm looking at having to make around 50 of them so I do want to personalize them.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Janet said...

I made them using an older version of Publisher in Microsoft Office. In the version I have I am able to 'stretch' the words (height and length)to fit the space by using 'WordArt'. There may also be online programs that will allow you to do this. Hope this helps you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails