Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

10.24.2011

Fall {Paint Stick} Crate

This last spring I wanted a narrow crate that I could set on my shelf, so I made one out of paint sticks, which worked so well.   I recently updated it for Fall and it was so easy to put together.


I left the spanish moss in the bottom of the crate to use as a filler, then added a $3 package of gourds from the grocery store (I picked through the bags until I found one with the colors and shapes that I wanted).  The pine cones were free:  I'm so lucky to have my very own 'pine cone factory' right in my back yard with my own free labor too. ;)  My four year old picked the pine cones up for me the last time I mowed the lawn and put them in a bucket for me.   I used them in another place too, but I have one more thing I want to do before I show it to you.


I also added a couple of sprigs of berries from JoAnns that were on sale for .99 each.  They match the berries that I added to my Fall bubble burlap wreath.  


This was quick and easy to put together and would look great on a shelf or as a centerpiece on a table too. 


The total cost to update the crate was $5 plus the cost of the leaves that I sprinkled around.   It's been great to be able to use the crate as my base and then fill it for different seasons, it's saved time, space, and money. 

There's just one more thing to show you before I post about how it all came together, my new 'mantel', which really was such a great find! :) 

Today's Fabulous Find...Decorating with [Free] Pine cones


Pin It!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh...don't ya just love the project that keeps giving and giving!!! Looks awesome all dressed up for Autumn!

farmhouse-story said...

this is the perfect fall center piece! very pretty, janet!

Tiff said...

I subscribe to your emails and love your ideas! This is great. I love the dark stain and the fall arrangement you have in the crate.
Thanks for sharing!

Mandy said...

Love it! Clever idea.

Karen said...

It looks so nice Janet! Looks so festive:)

Kim@todayismysome-day said...

I must get some paintsticks! This is such a great idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails