Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

10.15.2011

{Thankful} Decorative Charger

I've been thinking for awhile now about what I should put on this charger that is part of my new Fall 'mantel'.  I searched through a lot of quotes and poems, looking for just the right one before it came to me to simply use the definition of thankful. 


A few details:  The charger is from Better Homes and Gardens.  I bought it on clearance at Wal-mart last year for $1.50.  The definition is cut out of cream vinyl with a Silhouette craft cutter.  The font used is called Georgia.


I'm hoping this will be a subtle reminder for my family and I, this upcoming Thanksgiving season, to remember to be grateful for all that we have been given and to show others our gratitude as well.


Today's Fabulous Find...Definition of Thankful.

Click here to see the entire mantel.


Hope you're enjoying your weekend! 




Tip Junkie handmade projects
Pin It!

20 comments:

Tina said...

I really like it! It turned out great! Such a great find!

Shelle said...

I bought a few of those last year. I love what you did with yours.

grammy and papi said...

Love the charger. Thank you for sharing.

Have a God Filled Day
Shirley

Sherry@The BarnQuiltStore Blog said...

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.!!!!!!!!!!
♥'S
Sherry

Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

What a great idea I love it.

farmhouse-story said...

such a pretty charger, janet! and such a great deal on it! gotta love that!

BKWilliams said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing.

Mandy said...

Very cute! Great idea!!!

Karen said...

I love that Janet! I need to do one like that with the definition. Great idea;)

Inspired By June said...

I love that you kept it simple and just used the definition! I'm thinking the modge podge transfer technique might work well on something like this for those of us who don't have the fancy machines :) Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

That is really pretty!

simona said...

How could anybody walk by this and not think of the many things to be thankful for? What a nice idea!

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

I really love it! I hope I can find a charger because I want one just like it!

Mark and Amy said...

I love your blog...in fact, I just linked back to your 2 x 4 pumpkins!

Andrea @ Love is... said...

I love it!

We have about 30 of those chargers... They were part of our centerpieces for our September wedding! = )

Casa De Luna said...

Your charger is very festive! I like the definition. Another reason for me to get a silhouette!

EvA. . . said...

very pretty!!!

Doreen Grace said...

I love what you did to make this platter meaningful. And your link stands out with such beauty amongst the many Halloween crafts.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

great use for a charger bought on clearance! Love it!
gail
ps catching you this week!

Anonymous said...

Walmart has these Better Homes and Gardens chargers again this fall -- the pattern is a just little different on the edges.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails