Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

1.30.2012

Valentine Burlap {Bubble} Wreath

For the last two weeks I've been trying to think of a way to decorate my burlap bubble wreath for Valentine's day.  Nothing really got me too excited until (on a whim) I held the rosettes up to it that I made for a wreath for my new Valentine's mantel (Post coming soon!).  They fit like they were made for it and I really like the contrast with the burlap. 



The rosettes are all hooked together in one piece so it was easy to move them from one wreath to another.



When I was trying to place the rosettes on a wispy wreath for my mantel, I was having a really tough time getting them to stay in place so I could step back and see how they looked.  I was getting pretty frustrated with it, so I decided to just glue them all onto a paper plate.  This way when I repositioned them (and there was plenty of that) then I didn't feel stressed that I was going to ruin the wreath and/or distort the flowers in the process of pulling the hot glue apart.  The plate also gave shape to the grouping.   It worked great!  In fact, I'm going to leave them permanently glued to the paper plate because it allows me to use the flower grouping over and over for different projects and my wreaths can remain a 'blank canvas' as well.  (There isn't enough storage space in my house to make a wreath for every holiday so I like to reuse what I can.)

I used straight pins to attach the rosettes to the burlap wreath.  I'll show you in my mantel post how I attached them to the wispy wreath.


Do you see in the picture below--my poinsettia is still alive--and it actually still looks healthy!  I guess it paid off this year to read the care instructions from the green house and actually follow them.   I love the color that it adds to my living room so much that I don't want to get rid of it yet.  How long do you keep your poinsettias?   Do they usually just die, do you keep them year round, or do you get tired of them and throw them out after awhile?  Just curious.

'Valentine's' Poinsettia?

You can read all about how the burlap bubble wreath came to be and how to make it here.
If you'd like to see the before and after of the door and how I made it, click here.


I learned how to make the fabric flowers at Flamingo Toes.   Beverly's tutorial is easy to follow if you want to learn how to make them.  I used 2 fat quarters from Wal-mart ($1 each), old knit shirts, and felt for the flowers.

So what do you think?  Do you like the rosettes on the burlap bubbles?  I think I'll make another set of flowers for it, my wreath seems so plain now that I moved them back to my mantel wreath and I really miss the color!

Today's Fabulous Find...{Reusable}Rolled Fabric Flowers



Linking up these parties!
Tip Junkie handmade projectsHome Stories A2Z
Pin It!

16 comments:

{Repurpose Universe} said...

This is just fabulous! I love how you changed the wreath up for the season- great job!
Visiting from Home Stories link party

farmhouse-story said...

love these cute rolled roses on the burlap, janet:) a lot of pop for almost no money!

Mandy said...

Love it!!!!

Unknown said...

That's so cute! Makes me want to make one right now! Thanks for sharing at Beneath My Heart.

Heather Rae said...

Oh, this is sooo pretty! I would love for you to link up with my party at: http://anoriginalbelle.blogspot.com/2012/01/make-it-yourself-monday-13-link-up.html

Each week, three items get featured!

Judy said...

I just love everything about this wreath; from the burlap bubbles to the sweet rosettes. I wouldn't change a thing. I'm making one of these cuties.

Karen said...

they look so pretty on the wreath Janet! I love it:) The colors are perfect with the burlap color as well!

Janet said...

To Judy: I'm excited your making one, let me know how it goes! :)

thistlewoodfarm said...

What a wonderful idea! I love the burlap! I would absolutely love it if you would link this project up to our "impossibility" party. Here's the link:

http://thistlewoodfarm.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/a-journey-of-1000-steps/

Thanks for the inspiration!

blessings,
karianne

Emily Weinzapfel said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! :) Consider this one of my newest Pins!
Would love for you to link up @ Find Your Craft Friday over on my blog! Have a great Friday!

Emily @ BabyBerry
http://weinzapfelbabyberry.blogspot.com/2012/02/find-your-craft-friday-9.html

Amanda said...

Really love this wreath! I recently made one but it looks totally different. Love how we can all come up with unique things from the same materials!!
Amanda

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

OH wow. I loved the original bubble wreath, but this Valentine's Day touch is too cute!!! Love it Janet!

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up! Just checking, did you see my Lisa Leonard giveaway yet?


XO, Aimee

Amy said...

Beautiful!! I love all of your photos, your home looks so bright and inviting. ♥

Kara said...

I am so in love with this door/wreath combo! This variation is gorgeous! I'm featuring it today at Creations by Kaa. :)
http://www.creationsbykara.com/2012/02/look-what-i-made-linky-party-2-8-2012.html

Amy Lou said...

Just wanted to let you know I featured your wreath on my blog! :)

http://southernbellesoulmountainbrideheart.blogspot.com/2013/02/white-lace-love-diy-valentines-wreath.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails