What a busy time this is! I'm hurrying to get my Christmas gifts done for my neighbors and friends and thought I'd give you a peek at what I'm working on today. Wait 'til you see what this photo block looked like before!
A couple of months ago I found these photo blocks. The retail price was $2.50 each, but they were on clearance for 90% off, making them only .25 each! I figured that the photo pick alone was worth .25 so I bought a bunch of them, with plans to make them over.
- Scraped off the shapes that were glued on. (I saved them to use on future projects.)
- Painted the block. I used 2 coats of craft paint to cover up the shiny bright paint. I was too
busylazy to sand them, but in my defense, the paint was really hard! :)
- Cut squares of scrapbook paper, distressed the edges, and Mod Podged them onto the block.
- Mod Podged over the paper and all of the paint. (The Mod Podge, I'm hoping, will protect the paint so it doesn't chip off of the original paint, remember, I was too
busylazy to sand them.
- Added a jute bow.
- Added vinyl with each family's last name initial. (Instead of vinyl, you could print whatever you want onto the paper following these steps.)
...and the after.
As soon as I have them all put together, I'll show you how I'm using the photo blocks in the gifts.