Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

11.04.2011

Thanksgiving Subway Art Prints: Second Edition

My intention when I opened last years Thanksgiving Subway Art file was really only to change the date and repost it again for this year.  When I looked at it though I thought I'd just change one little thing, then there was another thing, and another....until the next thing I knew I had completely changed the whole design.  Funny thing about this, it wasn't until after I printed the image in the photo below that I realized that after all of the changes I'd made, I forgot to change the number.  Oh yes I did, lol!  I wasn't about to reprint it, so I printed the right date and taped it on.  Can you tell?   It wasn't my brightest moment for sure. :)  (At least we all know now that it's really easy to cover the number if you want to use last years print.)


You can read about how to make the burlap flowers (in the photo below) in this post.  Can you see how the words look a bit stretched?  This is because I resized it to a 5x7.  (I inserted it into Microsoft Publisher and then printed it on a full size sheet of photo paper.  Directions on re-sizing are at the end of the post.)  


There are 12 designs to choose from.  



FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
If you would like to share this subway art with your readers I ask that you use one of the photos or the color choice image above and then link back here for the prints.
 Please don't post the prints on your blog. Thank you! :)


You can easily change the colors of the two black and white images above and the two below into any color that you'd like.  Just click here to read my tutorial on how to recolor a subway art image or print them onto colored/patterned scrapbook paper.






To download: You must first click on the image to open it in a new window in it's highest resolution. Right click on the image and either copy and paste it into a document (to size and then print), or click on save image as to save it to your computer. You will need to size it before you print.
To size the prints: The prints look will look the best printed as an 8x10 or 4"x5" (for a card), but can be stretched to other sizes if you insert them into a document using a program like Microsoft Word/Publisher or Photo shop. Insert the image, click on it, then drag the sides of the image to the size that you want. (A 5x7 will look a bit stretched with this design.)
*You can also save the image to your computer and then use your computer's picture manager program to print it as an 8x10.
Print them on white or colored card stock, scrapbook paper, or (for the best quality) on photo paper. (Check your dollar store for photo paper, I buy packages of 8- 8 1/2 x 11 sheets for only $1.) 

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving season.  Whether we're experiencing good times or things are a bit rough, it seems to help when we have our family and friends close by and take time to reflect on the blessings we have in our lives.

Today's Fabulous Find...Thanksgiving Subway Art





Visit thecsiproject.com
Pin It!

26 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I love the pumpkin in the ideas!

LifeLessOrdinary said...

I love your Subway Art. I still have the Fall one hanging on my wall. I might print the Thanksgiving one to go next to it. THANK YOU!

farmhouse-story said...

you are so awesome with these subway art project, janet! tfs:)

BKWilliams said...

Your subway art prints are always so neat. Such a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Kristin said...

Love these SO MUCH! I can't wait to print and frame! stopping by from {I heart naptime}.

Inspired By June said...

Your rock the subway art, Janet! I featured you on my blog today ;) Thanks for sharing!

Honey said...

Thank you! =) These are fantastic. I found your blog this weekend - and I think I read it from start to finish. My crafty to-do list is a MILE LONG thanks to all of your great stuff!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome! Love it! And too funny about forgetting the date. Sounds like something I would do! You are awesome for sharing your printables!!!

Diane said...

Soooo pretty! I ♥ all the different colors. Now to decide on which one to print Ÿ Thank you so much.

I couldn't tell at all that you taped the new date onto the print. Sounds like something I would do, lol.

Denissa said...

Thank you so much!! Love all of them :)

QuiltKorner said...

These are so cool. Just love them!! Thank you so much I can't wait to print one out and frame it for my thanksgiving display.

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

I love these! I used the exact same pumpkin for my Give Thanks blocks!

http://www.mushkiloves.com/2011/11/give-thanks.html

Love it!
Have a great day!
Kirsten

Trixi said...

wow! Supercute!! I will print a copy once I get some new frames :)

http://secrets-of-a-creative-mind.blogspot.com/

Dee said...

Giving thanks for creating and sharing! I posted it on my blog http://craftbliss.com/ and linked back to your fabulous blog! Thanks again! ~Dee

Unknown said...

Thanks for the subway art! I'll be sure and link back here when I use it. I'm now following you on my Google reader.

Shelly said...

Thank you for the lovely Thanksgiving subway art. I so appreciate it.

Cheryl Kohan said...

What a great blog! I came here from Twitter...have been here so long I can't remember who posted the link on Twitter!!

craftysue@comcast.net said...

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! Love your subway art. I'm going to print out the 4 seasons, Christmas & Halloween with a black frame & give as Christmas gifts. Do you have a winter one? I couldn't find it. Hope you do.

Janet said...

To Craftysue: What a fun gift idea! I don't have one for just Winter, but I do have one for January with Winter words. Here's the link: http://todaysfabulousfinds.blogspot.com/2010/12/printable-january-subway-art.html

craftysue@comcast.net said...

Thanks so much for the link Janet! It will work perfectly. Not to be a pain but just wanted to let you know (maybe it was just me) I wasn't able to copy the 2 with the white backgrounds into Adobe. They would open as solid black. I did copy the black background one & changed it to a lite grey & changed some of the other words to blue. It came out really cute. Can't wait to give them as gifts. Thanks again!!

Janet said...

To Craftysue: You're welcome, I'm glad it worked out so well! Thanks for the tip on the white prints, I'll check to make sure I added a white background to them. The same thing happened to to someone else when they put another subway art print into Photoshop, but I think it printed white for them, I just can't remember it's been a while ago. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Anonymous said...

I have been cruising your site. I LOVE IT!! Thank you for taking the time to put this all up I have found so much inspiration.

Unknown said...

Found your post through Pinterest. It's 2014 and your subway art is still being pinned. :) I just printed the one with the colored pumpkin in the center. I can't wait to go get a lovely frame for it and display it this month. Thank you for the printable!

Janet said...

It's good to hear it's still being shared. :) Thanks for your kind words Karla!

kari said...

I love this subway art but I can't get it to print right. I tried resizing it to 8X10 in paint but then it printed really fuzzy! Help!! :)

Janet said...

Kari did you right click on the image and open the image at full resolution first before you inserted it into the Paint program to edit?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails