Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

2.24.2011

Printable Quote

Recently a reader e-mailed me and mentioned that she'll be having a bone marrow transplant within the month and would like to have something in her hospital room that would help her to remain cheerful during this time.  She mentioned her favorite quote and that she'd love it if I ever decided to make it into a printable.   I knew immediately that making a printable was one small thing that I could do for her, to help her through this time, as well as for any of you who are experiencing 'rough waters'.

Her favorite quote is: 
"We have no control of the winds in adverse situations, 
but we can adjust our sails.

So what happens when I have two different ideas for the design and the two people I ask for opinions each like a different one?  Why, I post them both and let YOU decide...that's what I do. :)






Print this image onto colored paper, or scrapbook paper with a simple print.


   Print this image onto colored paper or scrapbook paper with a simple print.

Edited to add: Revised 'a' Version
(I did a bit of cutting and pasting and fixed the 'a' in sail so it doesn't look like a 'q'.)



To Download the prints: 

1.  Click on the image--this is important, it will open the image in a new window at it's fullest resolution.

2.  Either right click on the image and choose 'save image as' to save it to your computer, or click on 'copy' to copy and paste it into a document, like Microsoft Publisher/Word, or another similar program.

3.  If you past it into a document, you will need to size the image before you print it.  Just click on the image and drag it over to the ruler bar then click your mouse on one edge of the picture.  While holding down the button, move your mouse to enlarge/reduce the size of the picture.  Drag it vertically and horizontally to the size that you want it.  The words in some sizes may appear slightly stretched.  This quote will look the best as an 8x10.

4.  Center the image on the document page and print.

There is so much truth to this quote.  Sometimes life sends us in directions that we don't expect, but we can choose to do our best to keep our spirits high and just 'keep sailing'. 

Today's Fabulous Find...Words To Live By


Pin It!

13 comments:

nateandkatesmom said...

Great quote! I envision it framed on my summer mantel! Thanks!
Oh, an I personally like the first one better. The second one is pretty too, but the a looks like a q.

Janet said...

I thought the 'a' kind of looked like a 'q' as well, but I liked how the font was wispy like the wind so I decided to look past it and used it anyway. :)

Anonymous said...

that is so sweet that you put that together!!

Anonymous said...

Janet,

I love it! Thank you so much for making this for me and I am thankful that others can use it to help or inspire themselves. Honestly, I don't know if I can decide on which one I like better. I love the boat and waves on the first one, but the 2nd one is so elegant. It's a tie for me! Thank you so much. I'm going to post both of them on my blog and let my friend know where to come for great printables. Thanks again so much and this will definetly be something to look at often in my 3 month stay in the hospital and reflect on your kindness and the strength I get from this quote. You are a blessing!!

Anonymous said...

Janet,

I forgot to tell you my blog name - it's
www.girlwithcurlz.blogspot.com
Thanks again,

Erin

Laurie said...

I personally like the second option. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You and your printables!
--Deanna

Erin said...

Dear Janet,

I prefer the layout and the sophistication of the second option, but...the "a" in sails looks like a "q".

Regardless, it was very kind of you to take the time to do this and I'm sure the reader will appreciate it.

Deb said...

What a wonderful quote, thank you for sharing it. My mom is going through a rough time and this quote will be perfect for her as we all travel through this tough patch in her life. Thanks so much Janet, much appreciated, Deb

barbara said...

this is perfect. I was about to forget my co-workers birthday next week. AND he is an avid sailor......so I will make a special bday surprise for him. thanks for sharing.

Betty said...

Janet and Erin thank you! I only found this blog tonight, but my son is going into the hospital on Monday for a stem cell transplant. I will print out the first one with the sailboat because I think it's a little more masculine. It's a wonderful quote and I'll be hanging it in his room. Now I'll go try and find Erin's blog. Thanks again.

Auntie Lolo said...

I love these prints! I just featured them on my blog www.auntielolocrafts.blogspot.com Thanks!

Lois

Vicki Johnson said...

thank you so much these are so thought provoking and i love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails