Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

2.26.2011

Simple Spring Wreath

The other day I was at JoAnn Fabrics and saw a wispy twig wreath that I liked.  It was priced at $12.99, but because I used a 50% off coupon from their mailer, I ended up only paying $6.50 for it. 
 
 
I wanted to add some flowers for just a little bit of color so I looked at some at JoAnn's and another local craft store.  They were pretty, but they all cost $3 or more per stem, which can add up really fast.  I didn't want to put very much money into the wreath, so I went to the dollar store and found three stems that I thought would work.  (I'll show you where I used the tall yellow flowers in a future post.)
 
 
I pulled the sections of the stems apart and added each piece separately.  Up close they look a bit 'plastic-y', but when I take a few steps back, I really don't notice, so it's not a problem for me.
 
On a side note:  When I pulled the stems apart I discovered that underneath the floral tape, the wires were rolled with strips of newspaper from China.  My kids thought it was cool to see what a real Chinese newspaper looked liked!
 
 
The total cost for my spring wreath...$10!  I'm looking forward to changing the flowers for each season.  I'll be able to buy flowers for the wreath for three seasons (with flowers from the dollar store) for the same amount of money that I would have spent on one season with flowers from a craft store. 
 
 
Today's Fabulous Find...$10 Spring Wreath
 
I have something else that I've been working on that I'm so anxious to show you. 
It's not quite ready yet, but here's a clue...it involves paint sticks...and it's cheap! 
Okay, so that was two clues. :)
 
Have a fabulous weekend!!!
 
 
Pin It!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Pretty! What a great way to jazz it up without spending a lot.

Karen said...

Nice job,thanks for visiting.

Michelle said...

Wow, I love it!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Unknown said...

Nice, I like the touch of seasonal color in there!

farmhouse-story said...

lovely!

Esther said...

Janet--I love it!! Did you use the glue gun or just stick the flowers in?

Janet said...

In reply to Esther: I just poked them in-between the branches without any glue. I haven't had any problems with them falling out, which is good, because it will be easy to change them if I want to.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails