Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

4.14.2011

A Bunting and a Blunder

The other day I had this idea to use some 30's reproduction fabric scraps, that I had, to make an Easter bunting. 

I made a pattern (from a cereal box) and then spent most of the afternoon choosing fabrics and pairing them together, cutting, pressing, sewing, and pressing some more, and that was all just to piece the triangles.


(To finish them I zig-zagged over the fabric onto warm and natural quilt batting,
trimmed the batting to 1/4", overlapped them, and sewed them together.)
 
 
I was only half finished with the bunting when my husband came home from work.  Excited about how it was going so far, I showed him the unfinished bunting, that was pinned together and hanging from the shelf, and then casually asked..."so what do you think?"  Well...this is what he (kindly) said..."it looks like you slapped a bumper sticker on a Lamborghini, I don't like it (and then he paused and added)...at all."  Wow!  I wasn't expecting that one!  lol!  Bumper sticker on a Lamborghini?  Generally he has no opinion when it comes to decorating (he's a smart man), so seeing that I was a bit taken back, he reminded me that I asked.  Yes, I did...I did ask.

(Now, by sharing this I'm in no way trying to imply that I think my vignette is of Lamborghini quality, I'm way more realistic than that!)



So what did I do?  I chose to focus on the back-handed compliment my husband gave me (the reference to the Lamborghini) and finished the bunting, and yes, I went ahead and hung it up too!   What did he know...right? 

Well...turns out he knows a lot more than what I give him credit for!  I realized later that I kind of forgot to mention to him that it was an Easter decoration (it was the first thing up), he assumed I was going to hang it from my spring vignette year round...oops!  How was he supposed to know, right?  :)

 Today's Fabulous Find...Bunting for Easter, Birthdays,
or...why not, just hang it up year round! :)

Pin It!

3 comments:

Ms. Craftsalot said...

That's hilarious! I like how you turned it around and took the compliment! TFS!

Steph Jacobson said...

That's why I quit asking my husband what he though about my crafty projects--he was way too honest and had too many suggestions for improvements!

Lynette said...

LOL! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails