Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

4.09.2011

Thrifty Spring Decor

Over the last couple of months I've been showing you pieces of my spring decor.  I thought you might like to see how it all came together.  Many of the pieces were either on sale, thrift finds, from the dollar store, or something that I already had. My total cost--$40!


  Click on the links for more details, including before pictures, costs, and tutorials.
 
 

Candle Stick (no link)
$2 Good Will find, spray painted dark brown and distressed.  In the picture there is wire wrapped around the candle.   The wire seemed like a good idea at the time, but blended in with the wreath so I've taken it off.  I might try wrapping wire around another candle sometime though. 
 
 
Dollar store plate and stand.  Total cost (including the vinyl) $3.

Spring Wreath
$9 Wreath (with coupon) and dollar store flowers.  Total cost: $12


(Paint Stick) Crate
Made with paint sticks for under $4.  Greenery was $10 total (buy one, get one free).

Bird's Nest
Thrift store silver dish, dollar store nest, and clearance bird, total cost:  $3.50.  I wrapped burlap around the books to cover the shiny gold titles.  There's a trend (which I like) to rip the covers off of the books, but since they are books that I read, I'm gonna leave the covers alone.
 
 
 
 
The shelf was a .75 thrift store find that I painted white.
I already had the frame and the lantern.

Made with paint sticks, trim I had, and glass from a dollar store frame.  Total cost: $1
 
 $2.50 Garage sale find that I painted.


I'm already making some fun changes to it for Easter and can't wait to show you!

Todays Fabulous Find...Thrifty Spring Decor





Linking to:
Under the Table and Dreaming
Pin It!

16 comments:

Johnnie said...

Cute cute cute. Hi! I am stopping by from Sunday Showcase. I am a new follower. Great blog. Blessings...
Saved By Love Creations

Charlotte said...

What a beautiful setting. I have a similar shelf like the 'window shelf' except mine has a mirror in it instead of glass.

Anonymous said...

I think the plant makes it all work - makes it look fresh. Great job though, very well done!

foreverdecorating said...

Such a cute vignette.

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

Beautiful Placement! I need you to come to my house and design for me! You have the knack!
The Spot of Red with the little lantern Works Fantastically! Well Done. Hugs Tee

Terry said...

What a great arrangement you've put together..I love the shelf inside the window holding the lantern..and the bird nest - very very pretty! Please come over and link up to my weekly party!

Lisa {grey luster girl} said...

It is perfect. I am in love with the bird sitting in the nest inside that silver dish!

The Allen Family said...

So impressive!!!

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

Hi Janet! Happy Sunday...I Featured you in my 1st ever Link party post today! I would love for you to check it out:) This post is BREATHTAKING!

xoxokara

Michelle said...

I love how it all came together!

farmhouse-story said...

it looks beautiful, janet:)

Karen said...

Everything looks great! I especially love the little shelf with the lantern. So fun:)

cucumbers and vinegar said...

Wow...you really have a gift for decorating! Everything looks wonderful! Thank you for sharing this wonderful post. =-)

Amelia@TrulyWindChimes said...

Spring is finally here. I love springtime. It's my favorite season of the year. I love what you've done with the decorations. It fits perfectly well.

I like the bird's nest and the plate. So inspiring...

Keep up the good work.

Jayna Rae said...

Really cute. I love the use of the Dickenson quote.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Gorgeous! You did a fantastic job of layering things! I find this so difficult to do! Your mantel looks wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails