Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

5.31.2011

Father's Day Subway Art: 2 Designs--17 Color Choices!

It's hard to believe that Father's Day is just a few short weeks away.   I'm posting this later than I intended to, but for good reason...I've made two Father's Day Designs for you instead of just one!  This isn't something that I would take the time to do for just any occasion, but Father's Day is extra special.


 Design 1

I put a lot of thought into what image to put in the center of this design.  When I saw the compass I knew it would be perfect.  Although we are all raised in different circumstances, I think that most of us have a father figure, whether it's our Dad, Grandpa, or someone else we are close to that we can look to as an example for direction and guidance in our lives--like a compass.

Eleven Color Choices


For Personal Use Only









Design 2

I'm not really sure what to say about this next design except that I hope you get my sense of humor!  My sister and I had a fun phone conversation the other day as we brainstormed with our kids  for the words for this design.  As you can imagine, they had a lot to say!

That said...A DISCLAIMER...one of these words may have been added for comedic effect and was not necessarily suggested by any of our kids.  I'm sure that your kids would have no reason to suggest it either. ;)


This design would be great to print for a quick card, or a fun front cover for a homemade spiral bound keepsake book with pictures, letters, and photos in it.  This is what I want to help my kids make for their Dad.  If I can get it done in time to post I'll show you how it turns out.

Six Color Choices

 
    
For Personal Use Only




Saved as a jpeg:

To download:  You must first click on the image to open it in a new window in it's highest resolution. Right click on the image and either copy and paste it into a document (to size and then print), or click on save image as to save it to your computer. You will need to size it before you print.
To size the prints: The prints look will look the best printed as an 8x10 or 4"x5" (for a card), but can be stretched to other sizes if you insert them into a document using a program like Microsoft Word/Publisher or Photo shop. Insert the image, click on it, then drag the sides of the image to the size that you want. (A 5x7 will look a bit stretched with this design.)
*You can also save the image to your computer and then use your computer's picture manager program to print it as an 8x10.
Print them on white or colored card stock, scrapbook paper, or (for the best quality) on photo paper. (Check your dollar store for photo paper, I buy packages of 8- 8x10 sheets for only $1.)


*For even more color choices, read through my tutorial on
How to recolor a subway art image.




I hope that you'll enjoy the prints and that there is a design that will be just right for your Dad, Husband, or a Father figure in your life. 

Next up...Independence Day or Summer maybe?

Today's Fabulous Find...Father's Day Subway Art


Pin It!

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Janet! Have a blessed day!

Carmen said...

Janet, these are really awesome! I'm going to have to figure out which color I want and then download one! Thanks in advance!! :)

Rebecca said...

Thank you for all your hard work, Janet! You always make the most amazing Subway Art and give so many color choices. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say thank you so much! You really go the extra mile.

Deanna said...

Very nice Janet! We must have the same sense of humor, because I think print #2 is great! Thanks for making these for all of us! I really appreciate that you do this, and offer it free of charge! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Thank You VERY much! The Fathers Day Subway Art is wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Thank You Janet. You are the Queen of Subway Art. You have such a sharing heart.

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

These are so fun! I'll be sharing a link back to you on Facebook so others can use your great printable.

Erin said...

Dear Janet,

Thanks you so much for making the second one! While my husband is all of the first, our family's sense of humor tends toward the latter. I was wondering if I could be presumptuous and ask for special colors on the second one? My husband is working in Afghanistan and I would love to surprise him by sending this to him to have in his CHU (containerized housing unit)...send me an email if you'd be willing to do a color change for me...Erin

Jeannie said...

Thank you so much for posting these! I would love to link back to you from www.craftybalancing.blogspot.com. Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled onto your site and I'm in love! I've been making some of my own subway art pieces using stencils and paint on canvas. I love the idea of framing them smaller. The funny Father's Day one is perfect for my hubby. Thanks so much for sharing your time and talent!

Unknown said...

These are all just beautiful! Love all the color choices.

The Groves Family said...

This is awesome...love the funny one!

Diane said...

I ♥ all of these. Thank you so much.

Antonella said...

Great printables! Thanks for sharing. So glad I followed you here from the Sundae Scoop Link Party! I'm also linking up if you'd like to drop by!
Hugs, antonella :-)
http://quilling.blogspot.com/2011/06/filigree-friday-free-graduation.html

Nancy Ward said...

I posted a link to these printables today.

Nancy Ward
PaperFriendly
http://www.nancywardcrafts.com

Johanna said...

Thank you for sharing the FREE printables. I showcased you on my blog with a link back to you.

xo
Johanna over at
Huggs and Kisses xo

http://huggsandkissesxo.blogspot.com/

Diane said...

Hi Janet.

Just thought you might want to check out my blog and see how I used your subway art.

I really like this and thank you again for sharing this. Hugz, Diane

Antonella said...

Thank you so much for your creative subway art! I was so inspired, that I created one for teachers... I linked back to this post so everyone can see my inspiration...
Hugs, Antonella :-)
Check it out here: http://quilling.blogspot.com/2011/09/wondrous-wednesday-teacher-printable.html

Kellie said...

Wow.. what wonderful printables. Many thanks for sharing them and your talent :).

Janet said...

To Kellie: Thank you! I'm happy to share them and appreciate your comment. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I featured your subway art on my blog. I hope that's ok. Feel free to stop by and grab an "I've Been Featured" button to display proudly.

http://realhousewifehouston.wordpress.com/2013/05/31/june-subway-art/

Karen Maldonado, Laura Yi y Laura Ebratt said...

I dont understand in the second desing why silly and why 5000, i really dont get it, if silly is not a cute adjective.

Janet said...

Hi Karen, it actually reads 'sooo silly' or 'so silly'. I wanted to emphasize how a Dad can act so silly sometimes. Hope this helps. :)

Susie said...

I love the silly dad design and printed it at the store. It turned out pixely though. I downloaded it and burned it onto a cd then had it enlarged to an 8x10. How come yours looks so crisp? Not sure what I need to do to instead. Any hints? Thanks.

Janet said...

Hi Susie, I'm sorry it didn't turn out for you, that had to be so frustrating. Did you click on the image and select to open it in a new tab first before you saved it to your computer? This will open the image in full resolution. Also, I saved the designs as png images instead of jpegs because I didn't know any better at the time I made them so this possibly could have caused the pixelating problem as well. I printed mine at home so I didn't realize that it might be a problem when printing them at a store. If you are able to you might want to try printing it on photo paper with your home printer or print the image at the bottom of the post that says "saved as a jpeg", that one should not print pixelated. I hope this helps you some. :)

ann said...

Thank you for being so generous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails