Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

5.25.2011

Rub-a-dub-dub Three {Cloths} in a Tub!

The other day I found this cute little birdhouse and tin wash tub.  I needed something to put on a shelf in my bathroom, so I tied some jute around the washcloths and added a vinyl number to the tub.   

This is so in-expensive and simple to put together!


Wash Tub:  $1 from a dollar store.
Bird House:  Also from a dollar store.
Washcloths: On clearance for only .50 each. 
Vinyl number 3 and jute:  Let's say I spent fifty cents on them.
(The font is called Plantagenet Cherokee.)
 
Total Cost:  $4.00



I had a hard time deciding what to put on the front of the tub.  At one point I was going to put a bird... then a geometric pattern...and then finally decided on a three, because you know...Rub-a-dub-dub three {cloths} in a tub!   (Really I just like the look of the three.) 


Keep your eyes open at those dollar stores, you never know what little treasures you'll find!


Today's Fabulous Find...Dollar Store Decor
 

***I was told by a couple of very reliable sources (my sisters) that it's been difficult to leave a comment on my blog lately.  I've changed the comments to a pop-up window and it seems to have fixed the problem.   I thought I'd let you know, in case any of you have been having problems as well.



 
Pin It!

23 comments:

Mel said...

that's so cute. great idea

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Yeah for the Dollar Store and your creativity! This is just adorable -- such a cute bathroom addition!

Karen said...

Turned out great Janet! I love that you chose 3 as well! I am heading to Dollar Tree to see if mine has those wash tubs!

Esther Asbury said...

Cute! I like it!

Deanna said...

Cute cute cute! Love the 3!

Jenn said...

So cute! I love the twine wrapped around the towels!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

That's a great idea! so cute.

I'd love it if you would link this up to our Wicked awesome wednesday blog party if you get a chance. Cute blog!

farmhouse-story said...

such cuteness!

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Awesome idea!

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

I love the look! Hugs,Tee

Katie said...

Super cute! I'm loving this!!!
drop by and say hi @ http://littlekatieontheprairie.blogspot.com

Laura Everyday Edits said...

that's so cute. love it!
laura@imnotatrophywife.com

{northern cottage} said...

very CUTE girlie! I love the number addition!

www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

Very cute idea and I can't believe it was so cheap!

Olga said...

Such a great idea! Heading to the dollar store soon. Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Serenity Now.

Anonymous said...

Terrific! Where can you find the vinyl letters without spending an arm and a leg? I can't wait to go buy this!

Janet said...

In Reply to Anonymous: I was one of the very lucky ones to win a Silhouette last year (I was so shocked!) so I was able to cut the 3 myself. I've used scrapbooking stickers for other projects before and it's worked, or you could cut out a number and Mod Podge it on.

One day I had this crazy idea to try spray painting contact paper to see if it would work. Well... the paint went on, but it took a lot of it and took a VERY long time to dry, lol! I had to try it though and it actually kind of worked. :)

Ashley said...

this is very cute:) also looks more expensive than dollar store stuff.. thats why you rock!

Janet said...

This is gorgeous!

Great job!

P.S. I'm a Janet too! :)
www.iheartmygluegun.com

Ches said...

Super cute and creative idea.

Kelley said...

I love the dollar store! A couple dollars and a little imagination and you have something amazing!

Have a great day

Jennifer DeDonato said...

wow you rocked it! great job.

Poverty Barn said...

Very cute idea! I love the little bucket!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails