Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

8.10.2011

Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta

I was searching for a new and simple dinner recipe when I came across this recipe for Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta at Food.com.  We've eaten it a couple of times now and I must say, it's pretty good!  It's a stove top recipe so there's no need to turn on your oven on a hot summer day--another huge plus!


This seems to be one of those recipes that is easy to adapt to your own tastes and preferences.
I made some changes to the recipe to make it large enough for my family and used a 16 oz box of penne rigate pasta (could use less) instead of 4 oz. of linguine, added about 5 small sliced green onions, instead of 1, and substituted 1 tsp. of finely chopped garlic (from a jar) instead of the garlic powder.   I times'd the rest of the ingredients by one-and-a-half except for the cream, I kept it at 2 cups.  (I was planning to add a little milk if it wasn't 'saucy' enough but didn't need to.) 
The original recipe says it's only enough for 2 servings, but with the changes I made it was enough to feed my family of six (minus a picky eater) plus there was some leftover. 
Tip:  If the sauce is runny, don't worry, it will thicken as it cools.

With over 1100 ratings and reviews, this recipe has a five star rating--not bad!   If you're looking for a new recipe, I'd recommend giving this one a try.


 
Today's Fabulous Find...Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta



Pin It!

4 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

yum-this looks awesome--i'll try it! thanks, janet:)

Wendy said...

Looks Yummy!

Karen said...

Sounds great Janet! I may have to try this one. How do you take such pretty pictures of food? Mine always turn out looking YUCKY!

Janet said...

To Karen: Funny thing, I actually took the plate of food outside on my deck and set it in the shade on a piece of white poster board to take the picture. Then I edited the image in Picnik. I'm glad I don't have neighbors that can see our deck, I'm not sure what they would think if they saw me outside taking pictures of my food. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails