Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

10.25.2010

Marvin, Meet Marlin and Merva!

As soon as I saw Marvin the Mummy at Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom, I knew I wanted to make one with my kids.   My six year old daughter was on board with the idea, so we got busy.  We spent a couple of really fun hours together, each making and designing a mummy.   

She named hers Merva.  I named mine Marlin.

We didn't stop there, she wrote Marlin and Merva's Story...and we made a video for your viewing pleasure!  She's so excited to share it with you.  Sit back, relax, and enjoy the movie!  (It's short.)

"Playing mummy" totally brought me back to my awesome Barbie playing days! 
(See, I've reverted back to speaking in 80's!)
It was too funny how perfectly they fit in the Barbie car. 


Suzy's tutorial is excellent.  We made a few substitutions when making the mummies so we were able to use items that we already had.  We used a ball of crumpled tin foil for the head, black construction paper for the eye area, and added google eyes.

Ahhh...first family portrait.

Thanks Suzy for the fabulous idea!

Tip: Kids have a lot of fun making their own videos.  Next time they are playing with their Barbies, Transformers, Fisher Price Little People sets, or whatever, grab your video camera.  Encourage them to make up and act out a story with their toys as you zoom in close on the characters.  They love to watch the play back!

Today's Fabulous Find...
The treasured time spent making Marlin and Merva with my daughter...can't beat that!

 *My daughter is positively beaming with excitement that I am posting about Merva.  Leave her a comment if you'd like, she'd love it!


Linking up to:

Pin It!

8 comments:

Suzy Myers said...

So sweet!! Marvin would be so proud!!

suzy

Deanna said...

We had so much fun watching this video. Thanks for sharing it!

Rebecca said...

Such a cute video. Your daughter did a great job making her mummy and the story. So talented just like her mamma!

Lynette said...

Good job on the movie! I'm impressed!!

Anonymous said...

those are so adorable! if you have time come link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ www.ladybug-blessings.com

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for coming and linking up!! I LOVE them! I featured them, go pick up a featured button here: http://ladybug-blessings.com/?page_id=569

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

What a cute idea! Thanks for linking up at the Catwalk!

Ashlee Marie said...

very cute. Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails