Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

10.27.2010

Wicked Witch of the West Cookies

Remember the scene in The Wizard of Oz when the Wicked Witch of the West has water thrown on her and she cries:  I'm melting!  I'm meeeeltinggggg!  You can watch it here if you don't remember. 
I thought I'd re-create the scene on a cookie, just for fun!  Read on for the softest, most delicious sugar cookie recipe that I love and crave! 

 

The witches broom is an idea from a magazine, I don't remember which one.
To make it you'll need:  Fruit by the foot (without tattoos is best) and pretzel sticks.


To make the broom:  Unroll the fruit by the foot and cut it at about 2 1/2 in. long.  Using a small sharp knife, cut slits in it almost to one edge. Lay the pretzel on top of it and roll the fruit up around it.  Pinch it tight at the top around the pretzel.


To make the witches hat:  Melt some chocolate chips in the microwave, spread the chocolate on a Nilla wafer, place a Hershey's kiss on top of it, and then place it in the freezer for a minute or two to harden the chocolate.  For the band, take a thin strip of fruit by the foot and wrap it around the base of the kiss. 

Last, but definately not least, my favorite sugar cookie recipe. 
 
 
Cream cheese frosting from the store is yummy on these sugar cookies...and it's easy.  Frost them with whatever frosting you love.  Enjoy!

Pin It!

7 comments:

Deanna said...

Love it! So original, and the cookie recipe...amazing!

Erin said...

These are great!!! How festive!

Anonymous said...

oh I LOVE these!! thanks so much for linking up! Make sure to link up next Tuesday!!

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

Looks like fun! Thanks for linking these up to the Catwalk!

Suzy Myers said...

Very cute! Thanks for linking up to Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom Commercial Break!

suzy

the cape on the corner said...

love those pretzel brooms! how adorable!

www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I featured you today! Come check it out!

You've Been Featured!

~Allison @ House of Hepworths

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails