Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

12.28.2010

Printable January Subway Art

Christmas is over--where did the time go?  I'm still listening to Christmas music as I write this post, I'm just not quite ready to put it away yet.  I am however ready to put away my Christmas Subway Art, so I've designed a new January version, and included a version this time that you can print onto any paper, ya know in case you want to save a little ink.  ;) 

 

To copy the prints:  Click on the image to enlarge it into a new screen, then right click on it and either click on 'save picture as' to save it to your computer, or 'copy' to copy and paste it into a document.  The prints are designed for an 8 x 10, but can be sized easily to a 5 x 7 or other sizes in an editing program, for ex. Microsoft Word, or Microsoft Publisher.  (For Photoshop you may need to save the prints as an image to have them copy correctly.)  Copy the image into a document and then use the rulers on the sides of the screen to size the print.  (The prints in the picture below are 5 x 7's.  The words are slightly stretched, but still look good.)


For Personal Use Only


Choose your favorite color:  This image can be printed onto any paper of your choice.   You can choose a patterned scrapbook paper or whatever you like.  Lighter colors will work best.  (The color of the paper will fill in the boxes when you print it.)  If you aren't trying to save ink and just want a different background color, in a document, create a rectangle the size of the print, fill it with whatever color you like, and then move the subway art print over the top of it and print.









I'm happy to share this January Subway Art with you and hope that you will enjoy it in your home or wherever you choose to display it.  If you post about how you've used this print, please leave me a link, I'd love to come check it out!

Today's Fabulous Find...Free January Subway Art!

*I've designed a Valentine themed subway art print for February.
If you're interested, you can plan on it being posted by mid January.

 

I'm linking this post to some great parties, take a look for yourself. 
You can link to some of them below.  Don't forget to check out the party links on my sidebar too.

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Specialhandmade projects
The DIY Show OffFree Printable CraftsMake it Yours @ My Backyard Eden


http://www.thethriftyhome.com
Beyond The Picket Fencegiveaways

PhotobucketChic on a Shoestring Decorating
PhotobucketThe DIY Show Off

Creations by KaraUndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucket

Pin It!

29 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much! Love the blue one!
Hugs and blessings!
Lisa

farmhouse-story said...

thanks so much, janet:)

Unknown said...

love these!!

live and luv said...

I was just thinking...wonder if she will create one for January. Thanks for sharing...love it : )

Bettymnz4 said...

I am your newest follower!!!

Thank you for the printable. I send care packages every couple of weeks to me DD who is in law school. I fill the box with crafts which I can make with what I have on hand.

I printed the white background one at 30% and will have her attach it to a cube tissue box.

I Play Outside The Box said...

Too cool!! Thanks!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Thank you! Downloaded it to be my desktop background.
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

Angie said...

Thank you! I never though about printing it off on patterned paper. great idea! Now if you could just do a tutorial on how to do this myself? Please?!

Ela@NewFamilyOnTheBlock.com said...

Love these!
Thanks!!

http://www.lifeinmypjs.com

xoxo
~Ela

Janet said...

Angie asked in a comment how I make the subway art. In case any of you are also interested in knowing, I thought I'd give you a quick answer. I make the subway art in Microsoft Publisher and use WordArt to create the words. This way I can rotate the words and stretch them to fit the space available. Some of the words are made by selecting the vertical option in WordArt. That's pretty much it. The hardest part is choosing the words to use, how they will overlap and picking the fonts when there are so many to choose from. :)

Christina said...

Thanks so much, Janet! I love it! I've got the blue subway art on my mantle now w/ new "winter" decorations. I just love looking at it :)

Bon said...

can't believe I have never stumbled on your blog before. Thanks for the printables. I am so going to use mine!!
Bon @ Drab to Fab

Anonymous said...

Thanks Janet! Love the subway art!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

This is a fabulous find--love the multi-colored one. Thanks for linking up to Beyond the Picket Fence!

Unknown said...

THis is great! I will be featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.,com today!

The Mac's House said...

Great subway art!

Bonnie said...

Thank you! These are so fun! I came over from someday crafts. Feel free to visit my blog.

somewhereincraftland.blogspot.com

Tricia Rennea (sometimes Daisy) said...

Oh, this is wonderful!

Tiffany @ithinkicouldmakethat said...

Awesome!!!!! Thanks so much!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Thanks so much for the Subway art! I'm doing a hallway project with frames...thought I would use all photos but I'll have to use one of them for this sweet art and then change it out every month. I'm your newest follower!

Unknown said...

Just found your website. How creative you are! Thanks for the free subway art printable.

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

You are so awesome - always sharing your printable subway art! I will for sure be back for the Valentine art. Thanks for linking to the craft catwalk!

Lisa said...

Thank You!

Karen said...

THANK YOU-THANK YOU-THANK YOU!
These are adorable. I printed the red one for my dining room wall.
Karen

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I printed the grey one and used it in my hallway. Thanks so much! I posted it today on my blog! http://athomewithk.blogspot.com/2011/01/little-touches-to-my-hallway.html

Patti said...

Thank you for the Subway Art! Just love this! I appreciate your generosity and all that you share each day.

Mama Steele said...

Hi. I found your blog recently, love the Subway art, printed a couple for Thanksgiving, but when I tried to go in today to download the Christmas and January one, it didn't allow me the option of selection just one. Earlier, the option popped up "Go to Original" (or something like that) but today that was not an option. Any suggestions? This was on all of them as I tried several after the first one wouldn't work.
Thanks- these are great!

Anonymous said...

Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear idea
Metropolitan Picnic Backpack for 2

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I love this stuff. Thank you for making them. I just posted something on my blog about them and linked back to you. Thanks again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails