Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

2.01.2011

How To Edit Gadget Title In Blogger

Last night I was trying out some of the new blogger fonts, but ran into a bit of a problem.  Because the titles of the gadgets on my blog were in all caps, when I tried many of the new fonts, they didn't look right.  My all-cap, un-centered titles have been bugging me for awhile, so I set out on a google search to see if I could figure out how to fix the problem.  I'm excited to say that I found solutions and the good news is that they are simple fixes, hooray for simple!

Example of all-caps, off-centered gadget title in crafty girls font.

How to Change a Gadget Title from all Caps to Sentence Form

This solution came from The Original Blogger Tips and Tricks.  This is a VERY helpful blog.  Read the complete directions here, and then if you need clarity, I put the directions into steps below.

1. In New Blogger, click on Design and then on Edit Html.
2. Save a copy of your blog template.  (In case things don't go as planned.)
3. Hold down the Control key and then press down F.  The find box will show up at the top of the screen.
4.  In the find box type in:   text-transform:lowercase;  scroll down and find where it is highlighted in the html code.
5.  When you find it, change the word lowercase to sentencecase.  It will look like this:  text-transform:sentencecase;
6.  Click on PREVIEW to view the change.  If the title now has upper and lower case letters and everything looks just how you want it, then close out of the preview and click on SAVE TEMPLATE. 
*If this isn't working for you, you might want to check to make sure that when you typed the titles for your gadgets you didn't type them in all caps.




How to Center a Gadget Title in Blogger
 
This tip came from the Blogger help forum.  You can find it here. 
 

1.  In New Blogger, click on Design and then on Template Designer.
2.  Click on Advanced then scroll down to Add CSS.
3.  Type in this code: 
.sidebar .widget h2 {
text-align: center;
}
4.  After you type it in, hit the space bar once so the changes can be pre-viewed below.
5.  Look over the preview.  If your gadget titles are centered, and everything looks right, then click on APPLY TO BLOG.



I'm pretty sure I'll be tweaking the fonts here and there and may even change the gadget titles back at some point, but now I at least have options.

I hope these tips will help you some as you try out the new fonts that are available.  Have fun!


Today's Fabulous Find...Quick Gadget Title Fixes
 

Pin It!

14 comments:

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

I do enjoy stopping in and reading your tips,fun tutorials,and different articles daily.
Thank You, Teresa

live and luv said...

Thanks for the updates!

Ty said...

The changing of the titles to lowercase worked, but the centering does not work for me. :( any tips?

Janet said...

In reply to Ty: Sorry it's not working. I wish I knew more about it but adding the code is all I know, good luck!

Ceci Reyes Blanco said...

THANK YOU thank you thank you. I loved this template I was using EXCEPT for the gadget titles being in caps... you saved the day!

Tina @ Mommy's Kitchen said...

Thank you so much I used the code and my gadget titles are centered.

Unknown said...

That is wonderful! No more angry caps! As for the html, mine didn't say Lowercase, it said Uppercase so I went ahead and changed it to sentencecase anyway and it worked for all my widgets.

As for the centering, it worked in the sidebar but how do I get it to work in the footer?

Copy and paste the html but the second time around replace "sidebar" with "footer" ? That's my guess and I'm not clued up on html.

Thanks for your knowledge!

Janet said...

To Rudelle: It's been so long since I was working on this, that I wouldn't even know what to tell you to try. (I'm also a novice at HTML.) Sorry I'm not much help, good luck! :)

Annie @ MontanaSolarCreations said...

Thank you so much for this helpful post, I've been trying to figure out how to do this for days and yours was by far the easiest and most helpful so THANK YOU!!

Unknown said...

Yay!!! Thank you soooo much!!! Mine didn't say text transform anything, so I just added sentencecase after it and it worked!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Faye @ GreenOrganicMama.com said...

Oh, bless you!

I just updated my template after a few years, and couldn't get the old way to work, to center an entire sidebar. I modified your code to do this, to center the entire column:

.sidebar {
text-align: center;
}

Thanks so very much!

Unknown said...

I just changed my titles to sentence case. Thank you once again, this was very helpful

GRETCHEN, aka GIGI said...

Well, you may think "Once it's out there, it's gone"... well, not this time! Just found your post two years after you posted it and suffice it to say: you saved my lovely family from a weekend of hideous crankiness! Thank you, thank you! My gadgets all now have nicely centered titles and I can FINALLY go to bed. Merci!!!!
gigi
gigiscraftyplace.com

FA Outlet Store said...

Great Post! Thanks for sharing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails