Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

4.15.2011

Easter Egg Hunt Vignette

Here comes Peter Cottontail,
Hoppin' down the bunny trail,
Hippity-hoppity,
Easter's on its way!

I thought it would be fun this year to put together a Peter Cottontail/Easter egg hunt themed vignette, while I still have children who are fascinated with the Easter Bunny!  There are hidden eggs in the vignette that can be moved around and hunted for....



...as well as Peter Cottontail himself, peeking out from the 'bushes' (after secretly hiding all of the eggs of course).


The Easter egg hunt stakes and bunny pick are from the dollar store as well as the butterfly (it was in with the flowers that I bought for the wreath).  I added three more bunches of flowers to the two that I already had in the wreath from my thrifty spring decor.  I poked the flowers in without any glue, so they can be changed easily.  I like to think of the wreath as a flowery meadow, perfect for hiding eggs in!


The candle was on clearance for .88, the ribbon was from the dollar store, and I already had the rick-rack.  I just taped it all to the candle in the back.


The plate and stand also came from the dollar store.  I made up the vinyl quote using my Silhouette program.  The fonts used are 'smiley monster' and 'oh photo shoot'.


The bunting is pieced from 30's reproduction fabrics and then zig-zagged onto warm and natural quilt batting.  What Easter egg hunt is complete without a banner?  You can read more about it here.


The basket is a .50 thrift find.  It was originally black, so I spray painted it Krylon's Bahama Sea.  The reindeer moss is from the dollar store, and the eggs were 40% off at JoAnn's, making them around $4. 


When you put together a wall grouping for children, it's a good idea to kneel down and check out their view of it.  This is what my youngest child sees when he hunts for the eggs (it's great counting practice too).


For more details on the framed shelf, paint stick crate, candlestick, wreath, bird's nest, shelf, and paint stick window, click here

 Here comes Peter Cottontail,
Hoppin' down the bunny trail,
Hippity-Hoppity,
Happy Easter Day!



 Today's Fabulous Find...Easter Egg Hunt Vignette
 

 
I'm entering the CSI Easter Challenge.
 

Visit thecsiproject.com

Linking up here, to see the linky party buttons, click on 'parties I link to' in the menu.
Pin It!

14 comments:

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

I love the way you altered your shelf into Easter with some inexpensive yet Gorgeous Easter findings! Very Creative Janet! Thank You for Sharing Your Design! Hugs Tee

farmhouse-story said...

very sweet, janet!

nateandkatesmom said...

That looks soo cute! Great job!

Stephanie said...

I think that the bunting is so cute!!! I do not ask my hubby's opinion ;)

Anonymous said...

I love this, super adorable. Racking my brain trying to figure out what I could shift around to make something similar for my girlies! Thanks:)

Amanda Lee said...

Your vignette is adorable -- very cheerful and spring-timey! Love the vintage fabrics on your bunting.
~Amanda

cucumbers and vinegar said...

It looks so cute and festive! LOVE IT!

Nicole @ Wohler's World said...

I love it! It looks fabulous, I especially love the plate! Thanks for sharing!

Lolly Jane said...

Super cute- everything looks so pretty together! We would ♥ for you to link this up :)

:)Lolly Jane
lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com

Jennifer S. said...

Everything looks so cute! I love the plate! I will have to try this :)
found you via Serenity Now!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I looove the sweet little Easter plate--the fonts you used are darling. Super cute banner too. :)

Thank you so much for joining my "I {Heart} My Crafty Cutter" party. :)

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Saw you at Serenity Now.

This is adorable! I love the plate and I love Peter sticking out of the greenery. :)

Jaimee @ Havenwood House of Boys said...

This is super cute!! Love it : )
craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

This is adorable! I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails