Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

6.16.2010

1001 Uses For Vinegar!

Last year we replaced our bathroom counter with a black faux granite looking laminite counter top.  For the first few weeks it looked so shiny and new and then around the sink it started looking white.  With four kids it's virtually impossible to keep the area around the sink dry. I didn't know if it was just hard water build up or if  the cleaner was possibly scratching my brand new counter.   I ran a search on the internet and found a tip to use a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water to clean hard water off of laminate. 

Here is the before...



And the after...


I realize that the pictures are terrible, so you may have to just take my word for it!  I am amazed at how well something so simple as vinegar and water can cut through the hard water deposits, although there are some spots that I will have to go over again. 

I wondered, what else I could use vinegar for.  Would you believe that there is a whole website dedicated to using vinegar!  It's called 1001 Uses For White Distilled Vinegar and you can link to it here.  Who knew?  

Here's a tip for shining pennies:

Shine pennies by soaking them for a couple of hours or overnight in a glass or bowl of undiluted white distilled vinegar.

Now I may not be so particular that my pennies need to be shiny, but I bet my kids would have fun giving it a try!

Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails