Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

11.27.2010

Teacher Gift: Paint Stick Magnets

First, before I do anything else, I want to say thank you!  Thanks for your very kind comments, for your excitement about the ornament download, and for following Today's Fabulous Finds!  I've really enjoyed reading your reactions to the paint stick ornaments.  I think many of you are just as excited about them as I am...I love it!~Okay, moving on...one more paint stick project and then I promise I'm done, anyway for now. :) 

I mentioned that the ornaments could be used as teacher gifts.  My sister gets the credit for this idea.  She made the paint sticks into magnets and added these prints that she put together herself, aren't they so fun?   She made them for a first grade teacher, if you don't have a first grader you could make one up for whatever grade.  You are welcome to use her prints, or use them as inspiration to create your own.


Directions:
  • Copy and paste the image into a document.
  • Size it to 7 1/2" wide x 2 1/2" tall.
  • Print it onto white card stock.
  • Because the prints are in color, you can skip the step in the tutorial to copy them with a copy machine.  Color prints tend to not run if they don't have a lot of black with them.  Make sure you use an even, thin coat of Mod Podge and be careful not to run your brush over it too many times.
  • Follow the tutorial for the Paint Stick Ornaments, but instead of adding a wire, cut a strip of wide magnet tape for the back.  (The magnet tape tends to curl up and peel off after awhile, so it is a good idea to also use some hot glue, or another strong glue, to attach it.)
  • Bundle the magnets together with jute or a ribbon and add a card.
I made these magnets and took a picture of them to show you, but the picture quality is terrible (I'm still using my video camera for photos, but a new camera is on it's way!).  I'll add a picture as soon as I can so you can see the finished look.  Edited to add:  Here's a picture.

Today's Fabulous Find...Paint Stick Teacher Magnets
Have you entered the giveaway to win 
12 of the Paint Stick Christmas Tree Ornaments? 
 Click here to enter
The Giveaway ends December 1st, 11pm MST.

Pin It!

6 comments:

Beth @ Wiccan Make Some Too said...

What a wickedly sweet idea! Love these. You & your sister get Kudos for this. I would love for you to link this up to Wickedly Crafty Saturdays at Wiccan Make Some Too!
http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2010/11/wickedly-crafty-saturdays_27.htm

Marguerite said...

These are great! Love these paint stick tutorials!

Anonymous said...

i love crafts that use all the leftover pieces to make something else! I am going to get a whole lot of presents out of these cute crafts! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

these are too cute!! you have such great stuff here.

Jenny said...

Do you have these sayings available to print and use?

Janet said...

To Jenny: I don't have them in a PDF version, but you can right click on the image of the prints above and open it in a new tab (this will open it in full resolution)then save it to your computer. You can then insert it into a document to print or print it from your computer using your picture management program.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails