Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

4.07.2012

An Easter Mantel for the Kids

Earlier this week, my little guy helped me make a few quick changes to our Spring mantel.  It only took us a few minutes to convert it into something that he could actually get excited about!


Here's a reminder of what we started with and will revert back to again after Easter.


I don't have a lot of storage space for seasonal decor, so I used the same base items and tweaked them just a little to change the theme to Easter. 

We replaced the 'hope' plate with a look-a-like 'hippity-hoppity' plate, temporarily covered the brown paper on the candle with a piece of Easter ribbon, and added some bright colored flowers to the wreath.



We also added a few Easter egg hunt picks to the greenery, replaced the lantern with a basket of Easter eggs, and substituted the star garland for a bright 30's reproduction print bunting.





This is how it all looked last year...


...and now this year with the addition of our new mantel shelf.


*All of the info. and tutorials on the Easter decor is in last years post if you'd like to know more about any of the items.

Also, if you need a last minute print to frame for a Sunday lesson or to use at home, both the Easter and Spring Subway Art Prints are available in several different colors and can be printed in different sizes.



Have a most wonderful Easter Weekend!

Pin It!

7 comments:

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Very cute and I love that you did it with your son. Nothing gets excited about holidays than to be involved in special projects.

STARDUST said...

This is so cute! Well done little guy! Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

This is just the cutest! The picks just make the difference to me! I want to try that on my mantel! :)

Karen said...

Looks great Janet! I love the cute bunting. Everything looks so pretty together. Have a great day tomorrow:)

Jule aus 9B said...

I love it, esp. the hippity hoppity plate and the bunting!!! It's beuatiful!
Jule

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

What a beautiful Easter mantel! I love the banner! I like the stars on the Hope one, too. Gorgeous! :)

Gen @ Color Me Domestic said...

Your mantels are always so pretty, and this one is no exception! I think it's great that you just gave your spring mantel a little spruce up of Easter decor instead of completely redecorating it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails