An Easter Mantel for the Kids

Earlier this week, my little guy helped me make a few quick changes to our Spring mantel.  It only took us a few minutes to convert it into something that he could actually get excited about!

Here's a reminder of what we started with and will revert back to again after Easter.

I don't have a lot of storage space for seasonal decor, so I used the same base items and tweaked them just a little to change the theme to Easter. 

We replaced the 'hope' plate with a look-a-like 'hippity-hoppity' plate, temporarily covered the brown paper on the candle with a piece of Easter ribbon, and added some bright colored flowers to the wreath.

We also added a few Easter egg hunt picks to the greenery, replaced the lantern with a basket of Easter eggs, and substituted the star garland for a bright 30's reproduction print bunting.

This is how it all looked last year...

...and now this year with the addition of our new mantel shelf.

*All of the info. and tutorials on the Easter decor is in last years post if you'd like to know more about any of the items.

Also, if you need a last minute print to frame for a Sunday lesson or to use at home, both the Easter and Spring Subway Art Prints are available in several different colors and can be printed in different sizes.

Have a most wonderful Easter Weekend!

Pin It!


Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Very cute and I love that you did it with your son. Nothing gets excited about holidays than to be involved in special projects.

Olga@Stardust-Decor&Style said...

This is so cute! Well done little guy! Happy Easter!

Tina said...

This is just the cutest! The picks just make the difference to me! I want to try that on my mantel! :)

Karen said...

Looks great Janet! I love the cute bunting. Everything looks so pretty together. Have a great day tomorrow:)

Jule said...

I love it, esp. the hippity hoppity plate and the bunting!!! It's beuatiful!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

What a beautiful Easter mantel! I love the banner! I like the stars on the Hope one, too. Gorgeous! :)

Gen said...

Your mantels are always so pretty, and this one is no exception! I think it's great that you just gave your spring mantel a little spruce up of Easter decor instead of completely redecorating it.


Related Posts with Thumbnails